August 10, 2018
Sononym 1.0 Has Arrived
We’re excited to announce the arrival of Sononym 1.0!
Sononym represents an innovative approach to sample browsing, using machine learning to make personal sample collections searchable and discoverable. Check out this introduction video:
Made for, and together with, sound designers and musicians, 1.0 represents our initial release and we will be listening keenly to the feedback we recieve, in order to plot the course forward.
Sononym 1.0 features at a glance:
- Cross-platform: the software is available for Windows, Linux and OS X.
- Deep audio analysis: extracts pitch, tempo, brightness etc. from your samples.
- Self-organizing content: automatically groups samples into relevant categories, such as loops and oneshots, kicks or snares.
- Similarity Search: a unique and powerful way to discover variations of any sound.
- Works with your own files: your recordings, soundware collections, any source.
- Live recording: quickly and easily find samples based on any input sound.
- Playback Options: customize how sample previews should work, randomize results.
- Browsing History: use the previous/next buttons to navigate your history.
- Integrated bookmarking and export: don’t lose the creative flow while browsing.
Head over to the download page to experience the software for yourself.
The trial version is fully functional and can be used for 30 days before you need to enter a license.
We wish you many happy sound-journeys,
the Sononym team